Please register to join in on the conversations.

Photo

Vector or Xikar Lighters

Lighters Xikar Vector

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RunTreeRun

• Patron
  • Member #: 79
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

In the past people have been raving over Xikar for their warranty, however I received my first Xikar lighter in the mail last week (cigar.com deal), filled it up with fuel, let it cycle for a little bit, and nothing. It didn't light. I know it seems a little petty, but I want my lighter to light consistently, maybe on the second try or something. Vector on the other hand, makes the lighter that I was using when the Xikar was giving me hell. I've had it for about 2-3 years now and I haven't had any problems with it, besides the fact that it's got a TINY reservoir (we're talking empty in 2-3 cigars). What is your experience with either of these? Did your Xikar have a break in period?

#2 insanemo

• Member #: 19
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

XIkar has an insane warranty. Just contact the company and send it back, they'll send you a new one.

-Mo | @LnF_Mo
Da Bears
"Tobacco is my favorite vegetable" - Frank Zappa

#3 RunTreeRun

• Patron
  • Member #: 79
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

I just don't like to be a bother I guess. But it is part of their warranty "if you feel that a XIKAR product fails to live up to our promise of fit, finish or function, simply return it to us and we will immediately and cheerfully repair or replace your product under our Lifetime Warranty!"

I'll leave all of this stuff here.

Return form:
http://www.xikar.com...Return Form.pdf

Mailing Addres:

XIKAR Inc.
PO Box 025757
Kansas City, MO
64102-5757

Thanks for the thoughts. I want to love the Xikar, I refuse to anything else as a cutter.

#4 trvlnmanroc

• Member #: 12
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

I actually find the Vector lighters tend to break or die. I know they have a warranty as well. I have not tried using it as of yet, kind of lazy. But, on the other hand their Butane 5+ is awesome! It's cheap and last forever and burns extremely well.
@leafandflame

#5 justforrazors

• Member #: 81
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I actually find the Vector lighters tend to break or die. I know they have a warranty as well. I have not tried using it as of yet, kind of lazy.

I second all of this. One of my first lighters was a Vector triple flame off of cigarmonster.com for 20-something. It worked great for a few months, but at this point does not light at all. It is effectively a 20 dollar punch. I haven't tried to return it, but honestly I didn't like it all that much anyway. The fuel tank was tiny for a 3-flame and ran out after 2-3 cigars.

My current lighter is a $30 Xikar tech. I love it. First, I prefer the single flame because I am a stickler for an accurate light, although these now come on double and triple as well. The best part is that they have a MASSIVE fuel reservoir. I go a week or more without refilling the sucker, and I smoke 2-3 a day. Also the warranty is pretty sweet. Always nice to know I can go down to my shop and get a new one if anything happens.

Edit: I don't know anything about a break-in period by the way, I never experienced one with mine. Sometimes you have to bleed them first, and make sure the flame is turned up all the way to start.

Edited by justforrazors, 18 September 2012 - 04:05 AM.

#6 mataio_

• Patron
  • Member #: 132
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

I have a vector pipe lighter in a zippo format. Butane of course. My first lighter was a dud from the get go. Luckily I was able to get a new replacement. Iike it for pipes because you lay the lighter on its side and pull the flame into the bowl as you draw.

#7 2716057

• FNG
  • Member #: 119
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I just don't like to be a bother I guess. But it is part of their warranty "if you feel that a XIKAR product fails to live up to our promise of fit, finish or function, simply return it to us and we will immediately and cheerfully repair or replace your product under our Lifetime Warranty!"

If you don't want to bother with shipping, you can also get it replaced at any retailer that carries Xikar. Also, I believe you can exchange it for anything in the same price range.

My current lighter is a $30 Xikar tech. I love it. First, I prefer the single flame because I am a stickler for an accurate light, although these now come on double and triple as well. The best part is that they have a MASSIVE fuel reservoir. I go a week or more without refilling the sucker, and I smoke 2-3 a day. Also the warranty is pretty sweet. Always nice to know I can go down to my shop and get a new one if anything happens.

I love my Tech! Not only is the fuel tank massive, but clear too! You can see exactly how much fuel you have left. It's nice to look at, but not as pretty as most other Xikar stuff. It is, however, the most functional lighter I have owned.
I won't sign anything without my lawyer.

#8 Fitz1015

• Patron
  • Member #: 229
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

i have the xikar ellipse ii and love the thing never leave home without it.

#9 ImmortalMortician

• Patron
  • Member #: 262
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I am looking at picking up a Xikar combo in a few weeks here! Cannot wait to get their lighter and cutter.

#10 oosickness

• Member #: 189
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

My Xikar Element has been rock solid from day 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lighters, Xikar, Vector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users